Mountain View, CAHome Menu
How to Do Business with the City of Mountain View
Thank you for your interest in doing business with the City of Mountain View (CMV).
CMV uses an electronic procurement system to conduct our procurement activities such as bidding and contracting through the internet.
CMV has implemented the "PlanetBids” e-Procurement system in order to streamline our procurement processes and offer expanded services to our vendors by providing for participation in City procurement opportunities through the internet.
PlanetBids offers the following features, including but not limited to:
- Bid/Proposal opportunities from the City are posted to the bid board.
- Bids or proposals are submitted electronically.
- View the City's award results online.
- Vendor registration process - vendors will be able to define areas of business by use of widely-accepted National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP) commodity codes. As well as, provide detailed regulatory registrations and certifications and identify "emergency services" capability, etc.
- Vendors will receive automatic email notifications for bid opportunities relevant to the NIGP codes of products or services offered by their company.
- Both the City and its vendors benefit from material reduction in the amount of paperwork, time, and expense involved in the bid and award process.
- PlanetBids provides tutorial guides within each module intended to help users navigate through their system with ease and efficiency.
To begin the process of doing business with the City, please visit the CMV Vendor Portal for Planet Bids, where you can register as a bidder online, search for bid requests, download documents, bid electronically (where applicable) and much more. If you would like to look at or print a list of commodity codes currently used by CMV, click here to view the current list of codes.
Both formal and informal solicitations may be processed through our online system. All responses are due at or before the time shown on each solicitation. Late responses cannot be accepted. It is the bidder's/proposer's responsibility to ensure that the most complete and current version of the solicitation, including addenda, has been downloaded.
Please note: Contractors/Vendors are solely responsible for maintaining up to date and accurate information. Vendors may edit their profile at any time.
CMV has made every effort to make all aspects of the procurement process as easy, secure, and reliable as possible. However, if you need help or have questions concerning the features available to our bidders on this section, please click on “Need Help?” for online assistance. Contractors/Vendors are solely responsible for contacting PlanetBids directly for technical assistance.
Please visit our Forms and Documents page for payment methods available to the City’s vendors.
An IRS Form W-9 is required for all businesses in order to receive a purchase order or contract award.
Finance and Administrative Services Department
P.O. Box 7540
Mountain View, CA 94039-7540
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Municipal Operations Center
231 North Whisman Road
Mountain View, CA 94043
Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.