Mountain View, CAHome Menu
Register for Classes
2022 Fall Activity Guide
Resident registration opens August 1 at 8:30 a.m.
Non-resident registration opens August 8 at 8:30 a.m.
- Swim Lessons
- Language Classes
- Holiday Activities
- And more!
View the 2022 Fall Programs
2022 Spring/Summer Activity Guide
Spring and Summer! Oh, how we've been waiting for you!
Registration is now open.
- Spring Break Camps
- Summer Camps
- Special Events
- Swim Lessons
- and more!
View the 2022 Spring and Summer Programs
How To Register
- Register Online - Create your own account, register for classes, create a wish list and more!
- Email your Registration Form
- Register in-person at the Mountain View Community Center, 201 S Rengstorff Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94040.
Transfer / Withdrawal / Refund Policy
- Transfer Requests, if space is available, must be submitted in writing to the Recreation Division Office no less than 3 business days before the first day of class by sending us an email at Recreation@MountainView.gov. Transfers will not be granted for requests submitted less than 3 business days before the first day of class.
- Withdrawal / Refund Requests must be submitted in writing to the Recreation Division Office no less than 5 business days before the first day of class by sending us an email at Recreation@MountainView.gov. Withdrawal / Refund requests submitted less than 5 business days before the first day of class will not be issued.
- All Transfer / Withdrawals / Refunds will be assessed a $10 processing fee per transaction.
- No refund or make-up classes will be issued for any missed class/camp.
Financial Assistance Program (FAP)
The City provides eligible, low-income Mountain View families limited financial assistance to register children for recreation classes. To qualify, applicants must be a Mountain View resident and qualify through the Community Services Agency (CSA) screening process (subject to Santa Clara County HUD guidelines).
Upon eligibility, recipients will either receive a 90% Financial Assistance Waiver up to $500 per child (10% of the class price must be paid out of pocket) or a 75% Financial Assistance Waiver up to $400 per child (25% of the class price must be paid out of pocket).
FAP allocations do not cover any material fees. Material fees must be paid out of pocket. FAP is good for one year (September 1 through August 31) and does not apply to Adult Classes, Golf, Tennis, Lap Swims, and Special Events.
If you are interested in signing up for the program, please call the Community Services Agency at (650) 968-0836 to start the process.
Teach a Class/Camp
The City of Mountain View is always looking for opportunities to add to the classes and camps offered each session. If you are interested in teaching a class or camp for the City, please review the Contractor Handbook first to ensure requirements can be met, specifically insurance requirements.
If you're ready to proceed, please submit a Class Proposal Form to Recreation@MountainView.gov for consideration. Class Proposals are typically due four months before the Activity Guide is mailed out:
- Fall Activity Guide - Proposals due in mid-April
- Winter Activity Guide - Proposals due in mid-August
- Spring/Summer Activity Guide - Proposals due in mid-October